The Haven does accept pets into our foster program. Although we were founded for abused, neglected and homeless animals, many of these pets may end up being surrendered to an already overcrowded animal control shelter. In order to qualify in our "Project Rehome" program, the pet owner must complete the following:
- Animal(s)must be current on all vaccinations
- Annual rabies tag number and copy of rabies certificate issued by your veterinarian
- All dogs must be on monthly heartworm preventative and heartworm test results provided from your veterinarian
- Spayed or neutered if the animal is 8 weeks of age or older
- Fax a completed signed and dated Foster Agreement to 251-929-0358
- A fee of $35 is required. Cash, Credit Card, and Money Order ONLY, please. This fee helps off-set the cost for advertsing, micro-chipping, and administration.
Once you have all of this information, please contact us by email or by calling our office at 251-929-3980. Please allow a minimum of 48 hours for your call to be returned. You will be asked to fax or drop off the forms mentioned above. Once these forms are received, download a copy of The Haven's FosterAgreement which can be emailed or faxed. We will then provide you with a list of upcoming pet adoptions. It is here where you will come and provide a voice for your pet.
NOTE: If you do not provide the following infomation, your pet can not participate in our "Project Rehome" program.
Please click this link to create your flyer.
Link made possible by: Best Friends Animal Society