The Haven is thankful to the dedicated group of individuals that volunteer their time and services to help create and sustain a no-kill community. Joining our life-saving team is simple and rewarding! You just need to follow these simple steps below:
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER - STEP ONE/REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Attend Volunteer Orientation (you will be contacted once we receive your completed volunteer application)
- Able to commit to scheduled volunteer shifts
- Some volunteer programs requires a variety of physical duties, including but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, lifting/carrying up to 50lbs., bending, squatting, climbing, balancing, kneeling, and crawling.
- Must possess a positive attitude, as volunteer programs work directly with staff, shelter visitors, Resale Shop customers, vendors, and other volunteers.
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER - STEP TWO/VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER - STEP THREE/ORIENTATION
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER - STEP THREE/SCHEDULING
The Haven has several volunteer programs where volunteers are required to commit to a schedule. These programs are: Dog Walking, Resale Shop, Pet Photography, Canine Obedience Program, and Fantastic Feline Program. Without our volunteers committing to a schedule we would not be able to provide a service to our animals. Some programs require that you commit to a once a week two-hour shift, for a period of at least three months. When you are wrapping up your volunteer orientation, our volunteer coordinator will speak with you about scheduling depending upon the volunteer programs you selected. If you are unable to make your shift, we do ask that you contact our volunteer coordinator.
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER - STEP THREE/TRAINING
The Haven will provide training for the volunteer programs that require training before you can begin. These sessions are designed to prepare our volunteers with the knowledge and tools that they will need in order to be successful.